WKCTC Accepting Nominations for Regional Educators Awards
Paducah, KY (10/19/2022) — West Kentucky Community and Technical College (WKCTC) is accepting nominations for the 2022-2023 Regional Educators Awards and Scholarship Program (REASP), recognizing pre-kindergarten through high school educators, administrators, and staff members in western Kentucky and southern Illinois.
WKCTC President Anton Reece said the awards recognize the critical role pre-K-12 teachers, administrators, and staff play in their communities and society. Last year, more than 140 people received nominations. About 90 of those nominated submitted applications and were honored.
"We're hoping for more nominations this year so we can recognize some very deserving educators and staff," Reece said.
Nominations in WKCTC's 10-county region are being accepted now through December 2 for the program's awards in the following categories:
- Distinguished Administrator Award for individuals who hold the title of director, assistant director, assistant principal, principal, etc.
- Distinguished Faculty (Preschool/Kindergarten - 5th grade) Award
- Distinguished Faculty (6th grade - 12th grade) Award
- Cornelia Reece Unsung Hero Support Staff Award for staff such as custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, etc.
- Cornelia Reece Unsung Hero Administrative Staff Award for staff such as counselors, coaches, family resource coordinators, etc.
The Unsung Hero Staff awards are named in honor of Dr. Reece's wife, Cornelia, who was involved in K-12 education in Paducah for 13 years with the Family Resource Center and 13 years in Knoxville, Tenn., with Project Graduation.
In conjunction with the awards program, a scholarship was established for WKCTC students interested in K-12 teaching, early childhood education, or educational majors to encourage and assist the region's future educators. Since the REASP's inception, sponsors and other contributors have given more than $31,000 to the Regional Educators Program Future Educators Scholarship.
All nominees who complete a REASP application will be recognized during a program, where winners in each category will be announced on March 30, 2023. To submit a nomination, submit the form by December 2, 2022. https://westkentucky.formstack.com/forms/2023nomination. Spring classes at WKCTC begin on January 10.